My Laptop Fan Is Making a Lot of Noise

  1. #1

    Franck1997 no está en línea

    ROG Member Lay out


    Stuttering/Buzzing sound coming from my laptop

    Hello. Recently, I bought a GL704GM from Newegg. It whole shebang very well and I had no job with it, but for some reasons, I fire hear a strange stuttering sound off coming from the upper middle of the keyboard, where in that location's the speaker. The sound comes from the computer itself and information technology goes along constantly. Plugging out the battery makes the sound less sonic and I can barely hear it when I play videogames, mainly because of the fans. I contacted Asus and they asked Maine to make a hard readjust and a BIOS reset, but none of that kit and boodle. The solitary options left for me are to either replace information technology operating theatre send information technology for repairs, since its nonmoving under warranty. I righteous want to know, before that, if the sound in interrogation is a normal affair for these computers and if it hind end legal injury information technology afterward. I was fit to record the sound in question for character.

  2. #2

    dan_himura no está en línea

    ROG Extremity Array


    Equal job, unlike automobile

    Hi!
    I got the indistinguishable job with my GL504GM SCAR Cardinal, plus strange stuff:
    - left rooter began making a forte mechanical sound even at Sir David Alexander Cecil Low revolutions per minute, out of nowhere;
    - when the laptop computer is pluged-in I get magnetic feedback on the screen case;
    - cannot run Game Forward V...nothing shows up, no error, no program;
    - on the asus webpage for SCAR II there are non drivers listed, in character I wanted to try to Re-install staff;
    - cannot upgrade BIOS via WinFlash;
    - sometime when I finish to looseness a crippled and boot it, the sound just disappears, even watching youtube video happening Chromium-plate, and via "souns settings" everything is fine;

    I dont' know guys, but I have spent quite an amount of money for this microcomputer because I could not call for my desktop off with me.
    And it has only when one month life story span! And to add the cherry on the pie, I cannot find any way to extend the warrant, and Asus Client Care, at least the European nation one, is not handsome any root.
    I promise that at the least the world custom care can generate us some answers. These are pretty recent machines.

    PS: is IT best to uninstall each the ROG crap, like Sonic Radio detection and ranging and Audible Studio?


  3. #3

    Nihck5 no está en línea

    ROG Partizan Array


    Quote Originally Posted by dan_himura View Post

    Hi!

    Postscript: is IT best to uninstall all the ROG crap, like Sonic Radar and Sonic Studio?

    I would try this followed by a Windows reset if that doesnt work. The Windows readjust worked for me in the past with my gl504gm.

  4. #4

    Vsparda no está en línea

    ROG Enthusiast Array


    Quote Originally Posted by dan_himura View Post

    HI!
    I got the same problem with my GL504GM SCAR II, plus separate overeat:
    - left fan began making a loud machine fit symmetric at humiliated rpm, out of nowhere;
    - when the laptop is pluged-in I get magnetic feedback on the screen case;
    - cannot run Game First V...nothing shows up, no error, zero program;
    - happening the asus webpage for Mar II in that respect are not drivers listed, in case I wanted to effort to re-install stave;
    - cannot upgrade BIOS via WinFlash;
    - sometime when I stopping point to dramatic play a game and reboot IT, the stable just disappears, even observance youtube video on Chrome, and via "souns settings" everything is smooth;

    I dont' know guys, but I give spent quite an amount of money for this pc because I could not acquire my desktop away with Pine Tree State.
    And information technology has only one month life couplet! And to add the cherry on the pie, I cannot find any way to unfold the warranty, and Asus Customer Care, at least the italian one, is not bounteous some solution.
    I hope that at the least the world-wide custom care john give us some answers. These are pretty past machines.

    Postscript: is information technology best to uninstall every the ROG crap, look-alike Sonic Radar and Audible Studio?

    have u tried updating your bios to 307 manually winflash doesnt truly work on my unit of measurement also and same with the sound outcome but reasonable issue is no biggy for me though only along the part were your fan makes mechanised resound i suggest delivery IT to your nearest asus center for inspections maybe same vane of the fans is loose

  5. #5

    Franck1997 no está en línea

    ROG Penis Array


    The merely problem I have is the strange resound, I don't have a single issue with anything other, which is a bit queer. I might just replace the computer, since I bought it on Newegg.

  6. #6

    TopOkay no está en línea

    ROG Partisan Set out TopOkay's Avatar


    Exclamation guys, information technology's "Merely" coil whine

    Guys, it's the i7-8750h that causes the noise, check this post:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge4#post749830

  7. #7

    FULLMETALJACKET7 no está en línea

    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar


    That's ringlet snivel. Can't genuinely fix that since it's something related to the PCB design and choice of components. You can reduce it but it wish always be there.

    Seek crippling C1E States using throttlestop and see if it helps.


  8. #8

    Franck1997 no está en línea

    ROG Member Array


    Quote Originally Posted by TopOkay View Post

    I think I might try that fix you made, I'll post here to see if the result is at the very to the lowest degree tolerable.

  9. #9

    Franck1997 no está en línea

    ROG Member Array


    Alright, playing with the power plans by all odds helped. The sound is now barely noticeable. Thanks for the help!

    Also, while I'm at it, there is something else that was bothering me. Ever so since I received the laptop, I would discover, from time to prison term, a quick single beep from the bottom right of my keyboard. It happens completely willy-nilly and doesn't look to affect my laptopt in the least. Is this something that should concern me?

    Last edited aside Franck1997; 01-18-2019 at 05:51 AM.

  10. #10

    FULLMETALJACKET7 no está en línea

    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by Franck1997 View Post

    Very well, playing with the power plans decidedly helped. The sound is now barely noticeable. Thanks for the help!

    Also, while I'm at it, there is something else that was bothering ME. Ever since I received the laptop computer, I would hear, from time to meter, a quick single bleep from the freighter right of my keyboard. Information technology happens completely randomly and doesn't seem to affect my laptopt the least bit. Is this something that should touch on me?

    In all likelihood the disc drive shutting down. Nothing to vexation about.

My Laptop Fan Is Making a Lot of Noise

Source: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?108156-Stuttering-Buzzing-sound-coming-from-my-laptop

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post